Monday, April 25, 2011

Beauty

Could You Cut Your Shower Time Down to Three Minutes?



     The Body Shop, one of the original eco-conscious brands, has issued the “Earth Lovers Three-Minute Shower Challenge” just in time for Earth Day. Yes, they want you to commit to taking three-minute showers. To help time yourself, the company suggests playing a three-minute song and trying to finish by the end. Or, you could always count to 180 slowly.
Could you do this? I often shower twice a day, sometimes three times if I work out. I know, I know. Hundreds of gallons of water gone. By the time you shampoo, condition, hair mask, wash, shave, and daydream, ten minutes are gone easily. Oh, and I also crank the water as hot as it will go. I’m not proud of this; just trying to highlight how easy it is to waste resources without even thinking about it.
This challenge coincides with the launch of the Body Shop’s new 100% biodegradable Shower Gels for Earth Lovers. They’re infused with herb and fruit extracts and contain Community Fair Trade organic aloe vera from Guatemala. Nothing to feel guilty about there.

No comments:

Post a Comment